1. To make Cookies: Combine honey and milk in small microwave-safe container. Heat on high power 15 seconds. Allow to cool to just warm before proceeding.
2. Place flours, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in bowl of food processor. With machine running, drop butter through chute. Process 30 seconds, or until butter is in small pieces.
3. With processor running, add milk-honey mixture, and process until dough just begins to come together. (Dough will be stiff and dry, but will hold its shape when pressed together. If dough seems too dry, add up to 1 Tbs. more milk.)
4. Roll out dough to 1/8- to 3/16-inch thickness between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Chill 1 hour, or until firm.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut Cookies into desired shapes, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing Cookies at least 1/2 inch apart. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden and crisp on edges. Cool on wire rack.
6. To make Royal Icing: Beat meringue powder with lemon juice and 3 1/2 Tbs. water in bowl of electric mixer (or with hand mixer) until combined. Add confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, and beat on low speed until combined and smooth. Beat in maple extract.
7. Increase mixer speed to medium-high, and beat 3 to 4 minutes, or until Royal Icing is thick and fluffy. Consistency is right when you lift beater and ribbon of icing falls back into bowl and sits on surface for a few seconds. (Add water 1 Tbs. at a time if necessary to thin mixture.) Spread or pipe Royal Icing onto cooled Cookies.