1. Set peas in saucepan, and cover with boiling water; let sit 1 hour. Drain, return peas to saucepan, cover with fresh water, and add bay leaf. Bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes. Add vinegar and 1 tsp. salt, and cook 10 to 25 minutes longer, or until peas are tender but keep their shape.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add kale, and boil 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and toss with 1 tsp. lemon juice.
3. Toss tomatoes with 1/4 tsp. salt in colander. Let sit, shaking occasionally, to drain juices.
4. Combine remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, remaining 5 tsp. lemon juice, oil, green onions, parsley, and oregano in large bowl.
5. Drain peas, and remove bay leaf. Add to bowl with lemon juice and herbs, and mix well. Add tomatoes, and mix again. Serve warm, with kale on side.