1. Simmer corn husks in large pot of boiling water 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and weight husks with plate to keep submerged. Soak 1 hour, or until pliable.
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add corn and cream, and simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Cool. Stir in baking powder and grits. Chill.
3. Drain corn husks on paper towels. Make ties for tamales by cutting 2 or 3 husks into thin strips.
4. Spread 3 Tbs. filling down center of each corn husk. Fold over sides, then ends to enclose filling. Tie husk strips securely around tamales.
5. Line steamer basket with remaining corn husks, and place over simmering water. Add tamales, and steam over low heat 1 hour. Remove from steamer, and let rest 10 minutes before serving.