1. Spread bread cubes on baking sheet, and dry overnight. Or dry in 250°F oven 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Toast dried bread cubes on baking sheet 30 minutes, stirring twice. Cool, and transfer to large bowl.
3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat, and spread hazelnuts in pan. Toast 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hazelnuts turn light golden brown. Cool.
4. Heat port to boiling in small saucepan. Stir in figs and cranberries. Set aside to steep.
5. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook 10 minutes, or until onions are golden, stirring frequently. Stir in rosemary, and cook 2 minutes more. Stir onion mixture into bread cubes. Fold in dried fruit and port.
6. Whisk together broth and remaining 3 Tbs. oil in bowl. Pour broth mixture over bread cube mixture, and mix until bread is moist, but not soggy. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
7. Spread stuffing in prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes before serving.